Global NAC DTMs
The purpose of this dataset is to depict the geographic location of LROC Digital Terrain Models on the lunar surface and to quickly extract
their corresponding information. Polygons were generated from the DTM derived products using GDAL and OGR tools. The shapefile uses Moon_2000 geographic coordinate system and contains expanded error metrics compared to NAC DTM readmes.
Shapefile Field Descriptions:
- dtm_name - PDS Sitename.
- sitename - Sitename including context and comments.
- dtm_vers - DTM version number.
- images - List of image pairs used to produce the DTM.
- resolution - DTM pixel scale (meters).
- center_lon - Center longitude in degrees.
- center_lat - Center latitude in degrees.
- relat_le - Relative Linear Error. Vertical precision of the DTM, calculated at 90% confidence level by SOCET SET. Based on ground sampling distance, convergence angles, and image matching uncertainty (meters).
- triang_rms - Triangulation RMS. Root mean square error of the multi-sensor triangulation performed by SOCET SET to align the images.
- num_profil - Number of LOLA profiles used to register the DTM.
- lola_avg - Mean Absolute Error compared to LOLA tracks.
- lola_rms - RMS error compared to LOLA tracks.
- adjust_rms - Adjusted RMS error of the final global registration used for LOLA offset calculations. A high adjusted RMS may indicate that the lat., lon., and elv. offsets may be larger than reported. This registration does not affect the final DTM.
- lat/lon/elv_offset - Offset from LOLA tracks in meters.
- ln_jitter - Indicates the presence of jitter.
- sam_jitter - Indicates the presence of jitter.
- isis_vers - ISIS version used for image processing.
- cov_sqkm - Coverage of DTM (km2).
- conv_angle - Convergence angle between the images in the stereo pair.
- num_stereo - Number of stereo pairs used to create DTM.
For more information, refer to: Henriksen, M. R., Manheim, M. R., Burns, K. N., Seymour, P., Speyerer, E. J., Deran, A., Boyd, A. K., Howington-Kraus, E., Rosiek, M. R., Archinal, B. A., and Robinson, M. S. (2017).
Extracting accurate and precise topography from LROC narrow angle camera stereo observations. Icarus, 283, 122-137. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.icarus.2016.05.012
This shapefile contains footprints of DTMs released up through 2023-09-15.